Nov 26, 2013

I'm thankful for passion fruit and coconut




Due to technical difficulties last week Too good to Miss Tuesday was on vacation. Now to resume our regular programming.

I walked up to the Ciao Bella Gelato counter in Grand Central Station, New York ooing and awing at the flavors. After sampling a few the employee said, "you aren't from here are you". I asked, "how can you tell". He replied, "because it is Monday morning and you are smiling".

That's right, I was having gelato before noon. For those who know me or read this blog you know my love for gelato. There is no wrong time of day to enjoy this italian perfection.

Ciao Bella can be found in grocery stores and they even have a cookbook (which I have) including a recipe for key lime pie gelato, but the gelato counter trumps them all with flavors like prickly pear and mixed berry rhubarb. At this very moment I'm dreaming of the coconut and passion fruit because . . . I'm sitting on a plane bound for Hawaii. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year my heart is full of thanks for family, friends, travel and gelato!


5 comments:

  1. You're going to Hawaii??? With...family? Amy? Details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Amy let me tag along while visiting her brothers for thanksgiving. I'm happy to sacrifice the turkey for shrimp this year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicola! It's Rachel and Katie's friend Laura. I hope you're doing well! Totally random, but I think at their last Christmas party, you mentioned that you'd make homemade marshmallows before. If so, will you let me know which recipe you used? I think I want to try it this year, but would like to start with a recipe I know someone else has had success with. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Yes, I say for a first time try at marshmallows and if you like coconut try Ina Garten's toasted coconut marshmallows. Because you layer coconut underneath and on top it makes it easier to deal with the "gooey ness" and they are delicious. You can find the recipe on foodnetwork.com. Happy Thanksgiving! Will I see you at the party?

      Delete
  3. Yes, I'll be at the party! So glad your're coming. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete