May 9, 2013

A Loch Monster Feast

Not Nessie or the Loch Lomond Monster but a Seafood feast.

Seafood chowder from MHORFish in Callander Scotland. The fish:broth ratio is like 8:2. And it has a yummy smoky aroma and flavor (smoked salmon kind of smoky).
Speaking of smoked salmon, one of my new favorite breakfast dishes is eggs with smoked salmon and toast. Really, it's yu-ummy!

Then I heard about this place: Loch Fyne Oyster Bar
There's just a 2 lane road separating the restaurant from the lake.
It's all about the fish, the interior is minimalist and bright.
And when they brought my order I, as well as the Scottish couple sitting next to me, had a really good laugh.
INSTRUCTION MANUAL PLEASE
You get a gold star if you can name everything (and you're getting off easy, 3 things are missing).
I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I ordered the "West Coast Fruits of the Sea" but it was delightful. No, I could not eat it all, best to bring a friend or 3 to enjoy this feast.

10 comments:

  1. Yum I know u saved me some right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster, Scallops, Langoustines, Mussels, Cockles, Clams, Oyster & Crab

    I'm not surprised you couldn't eat it all, although that would have been really impressive... lol
    It looks wet out. Gone through any more umbrellas lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you cheated and looked at the menu! And yes, I'm on umbrella number 5 now.

      Delete
    2. lol There weren't any rules, so I technically deserve a gold star... Have a good day, and stay dry!

      Delete
  3. That pile of seafood reminds me so much of the movie, Mr. Bean's Holiday. In fact, he was traveling Europe on his own when he got his big pile of seafood too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it! I'll have to put that on my "to watch" list

      Delete