May 3, 2013

It's not All Daffodils and Roses in the Lake District

I've had my accommodations in the Lake District booked for over a month (the most advanced planning I've done for the trip). It has been at the top of my "must do" list with Prague and Italy. I wish I could say I've been off the grid because my every waking moment has been consumed with the atmosphere, but alas, I hit a snag, in the form of a wretched stomache bug that kept me in bed the better part of 4 days. The kind that colors everything around you putrid even the most beautiful of surroundings and experiences. So bad that I was ready to throw in the towel, come home early. The thought of getting on the airplane sick was about the only thing stopping me. Enough of that....

Here are some good things
1. The Old Rectory in Bootle, my home base for 6 nights
2. Sheep and lambies prancing and sunning themselves everywhere. I prefer to think #4 is the entry number for the local beauty contest.
3. The flowers and benches nestled in the Old Rectory garden

2 comments:

  1. Can you please bring back sheep #4 as a pet?
    laurent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling tons better, now!

    ReplyDelete