May 31, 2013

An update from Denver

Yes, I'm back in the U.S.A with a lot of extra luggage and one gigantic carry-on of mixed emotions.

My first stop in America was Washington D.C. And now I'm in Denver, Colorado. The last month has been insane-o: lack of internet access, fellow travelers ill, a night without my luggage, general anxiety about the end of my trip, a very full heart, and overall amazingness. I have a lot of catching up to do sharing my travels in Europe and here in the States. Yes, that means more blog posts forthcoming starting with...
Breakfast at Snooze...2 days in a row. Snooze is a Colorado based breakfast/brunch eatery (who now has a stop in San Diego!). So, those pancakes from left to right: Key Lime, Pineapple upside down cake, sweet potato. Not pictured: One of the best breakfast burritos ever (according to Tawnya), english muffin bread pudding with raspberry preserves, housemade chicken sausage, and brioche french toast filled with mascarpone and topped with strawberries. All shared with my college roommates, Amy and Tawnya. I wish I could say we were carb loading for the open tryouts. But there are no contestants in this picture.
Only in this picture. We caught this guy during an interview for an upcoming taping.
Instead our breakfasts (not to mention our fried fare from H Burger) fueled our shopping and strolling down 16th street
past the big bear
And to the Denver Art Museum
The best part though--hanging out and talking as if our late night card games and visit to Craigo's were just last week.

1 comment: