May 3, 2013

Go home with Bonnie Jean

I have been in Scotland for 6 days and this is the song I've been singing since day one...everywhere. Here's a little link to the video:Go Home with Bonnie Jean

The song is from one of my all time favorite movies BRIGADOON. Doesn't everyone dream of seeing dancing men in kilts making new friends in Scotland. While I haven't seen any dancing or singing I did see 7 men in kilts my first day. 5 men and a wee one rushed by me on a blustery day on their way to a wedding. My stealthy attempt to catch them on film.
And the 7th served me lunch in the little village of Luss. Be still my beating heart.
There is plaid everywhere (which I love almost as much as polka dots) even carpeting a boat floor.
I did make new friends on the boat, a lively group of senior citizens from a local church. They wished me well on my journey, said "aye" a lot, and when I got off the boat I turned around and waved and there they all were at the window waving back as they sailed off into the mist.
Not as mysterious as the movie, but there is a bridge 2 minutes from my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment