Apr 26, 2013

Manchester with Books

My plane arrived 30 minutes early in Manchester. I didn't know that was possible. So I peeked into an airport shop, scored 3 books for the price of 2 and now have 2 weeks to finish them before I return my rental car (aka extra luggage space).

And this is how I make them portable, tearing into sections. Some may think it's sacrilege, I call it being prepared. You never know when the urge to pop into a cafe or onto a park bench to read for a while will hit.
Then I happened upon this gem: Magma Books.
When I told the cashier I wanted 7 others but was limited due to travel he whipped out a card and said "let us do the heavy lifting, shop on our website," which is: Magmabooks. Here's my beauty. It's big!
Last but not least I went to the John Ryland library. It may look like a place of worship and it is, for books. And I'm a believer.

Brings back memories of my French lit class.

Mirrors are available to view the ceiling without straining your neck. Brilliant.
The subject of a current exhibit is: Al Mutanabbi Street. If you don't know about it look it up and be prepared to get emotional, I did.

2 comments:

  1. I recognize the scarf you're wearing! PS that library looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to convince Isaac to go to Manchester when we're in England. Maybe if you're with us, we can gang up on him... ;)

    ReplyDelete