Jan 10, 2013

Gumption

I watch a certain movie over and over and over again. Not Pride and Prejudice although it is on the list. In this movie I'm drawn to:
  • the interiors -- I am an interior design fanatic
  • the dream of meeting and marrying a man with a beautiful accent -- I could devote an entire post to this topic
  • owning a cottage in the English countryside -- kinda sounds like Pride and Prejudice up to this point, but it's not
  • having someone as hot as Jude Law show up on my door
  • having the body to wear Cameron Diaz' wardrobe
  • having someone as sweet and funny as Jack Black's character show up on my door
  • the friendship and mentoring from someone full of wisdom and insightfulness
  • GUMPTION
So when a friend at work said I had gumption for taking this leap I was overjoyed at the thought. Because . . . that one word sums up all my hopes for this adventure and maybe, just maybe, this huge risk will lead to something just as fantastic as the stories in this movie or something better. Maybe the stretch, and stepping into the unknown with both feet, will help me develop all that gumption represents, to make more things happen. Because I'm tired of waiting for things and tired of letting my fear be my own worst enemy.

I have a load of fabulous friends that inspire me with their individual lives of gumption. Here's to them. And if you are one of those that think you don't have it YOU DO.

gumption
[guhmp-shuh n]  noun, Informal.
1. initiative; aggressiveness; resourcefulness
2. courage; spunk; guts
3. common sense; shrewdness.

The Holiday

1 comment:

  1. I love that movie. And when you meet your own Jude Law and get married in England, I WILL be there. The end! ;)

    ReplyDelete