Jan 26, 2013

Food Heaven

Have you heard about this book!


Phaidon who produces beautiful books, just published it (2013). Do you see how they've printed on the book edge as well--it goes all the way around. Inside, the pages are clean, no fuss and loaded with information.

It's just about restaurants. Here's an excerpt from the preface: 

we sent questionnaires to an international line-up of leading chefs, asking them to tell us where they go for breakfast, where they eat late at night, where they think is a bargain, and which high-end restaurants they like to go to for a treat.

Organized by geographic region -- Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa, North America and South America -- you can travel the globe or stay somewhere near home to judge one of these establishments for yourself. The U.S. restaurants are in large cities like Los Angeles and Chicago. And with a large selection in Europe you know what that means: this book is coming with me (in spite of the heft) and I will share what I find.

The book as well as the on line synopsis indicate there is an iPhone and iPad app. Until they are available I will travel with the hardback version of Where Chefs Eat

Update: Thanks for the info from Adrián. The iPhone and iPad apps are due out in early February.

8 comments:

  1. That's one big book... Their twitter feed, @wherechefseat, indicates that the app should be out in early February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for those wondering about the actual size. The picture makes it look larger. The dimensions are 5.5x8x2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. lol I was wondering if it just looked really big in the picture, now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems like a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicola,
    I was sorry to hear that you left CG, but when I read your goodbye card and saw that you were embarking on this dream journey I was thrilled for you. Your bravery in turning your dreams to reality is both enviable and inspiring. I look forward to living vicariously through your adventures and reading your blog posts. My first suggestion for you is to visit Highclere Castle – home of Downton Abbey!! I understand they are giving tours. Lady Grantham is probably rolling over in her grave. By the way, did you see Sunday’s episode? Tragic! My second suggestion is to travel for a longer period of time so you can meet Carren and me in Barcelona in September. Onward and upward my friend. I salute you!

    Happy Trails,

    Diane (DIMD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Sybil! It's just wrong.

      I would love to make it to highclere. We'll see if I make there :)

      I hope you have a wonderful time in Spain. Eat lots of fabulous food.

      Delete