Feb 9, 2013

A Camera Quandry

Since owning an iPhone I've completely stopped using a separate camera.  *before reading further please note I am no photography or tech buff

Sometimes the pictures turn out great, sometimes not so good, zooming compromises the quality, but photos are easily accessible to share or upload to a blog. So, deciding to continue with the iPhone as my multipurpose device for this trip I've been on the hunt for a few gadgets:
  • a cute case of course -- I just HAD to upgrade to an iPhone 5 because it is unlocked for international travel, which means I HAVE to get a new case
  • a case with a strap for security -- that doesn't look like I'm holding a wallet up to my head or talking into a handbag, even James Bond doesn't get away with that
  • accessories to "up" the wide angle and zoom functionality
I'm pleased to announce I've found all three two FINALLY

To keep it girly I ordered this case from The Joy Merryman store on Etsy. 
Monogrammed iPhone 5 Case, Peony Mint Green and Gold iPhone5

Then I found these on Photojojo! an online store with all kinds of photography gadgets.

That's right, a separate strap that fits with most cases! I went with the tan. 
And this lense set: fisheye, wide/macro and telephoto lenses that attach magnetically once you've installed the small metal ring to the back. All combined I could have bought a completely new camera, but I'm really happy to get everything in one, in a format that fits for me. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works as well as it sounds.


UPDATE: I received all my phone/camera goodies: case is cute, strap fits and matches, but...the interchangeable lenses don't fit with the case on (and the case has a pretty sizable lense opening). So I will be making the most of the iPhone camera as is.

 Now here's the awesome news . . . 
YOU get $5 off your first order
when you use this link

http://photojojo.com/r/a7mz

No comments:

Post a Comment