Feb 20, 2013

London

2 days in London and we (christy & I) have taken the wrong tube too many times to count (granted this was on an underground line with multiple ending points but with the same name) tried to pay for a ticket using euros instead of pounds, forgot to bring directions to the hotel (never been so happy to see the Golden Arches with free wifi) and we're having a blast.

Here are just a few highlights from day one because on day 2 my camera battery died).

Lauduree macaroons from Harrods. Not sure which I like more the macaroons or the hot guy in the background.





Westminster Abbey




Big Ben at the stroke of 6:00 sounds just like it does on Peter Pan.





Now, name that movie?


8 comments:

  1. The answer is ALWAYS "hot guy in the background"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Love you too! HEY! If you guys are still in London and have time, you should check out Orla Kiely. Cute, lovely stuff. Expensive, but a store, I imagine, would be lovely to look at!

      Delete
    2. So we tried to go to Orla keily. It happened to be 5 minutes away when I read your post but it was closed :( I will send you pics.

      Delete
    3. Oh, sad! (and I'm feeling better, now, about not knowing the movie...will you still love me if I say I've never seen a Bond movie?)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you both having so much fun, Nicola. I can name that movie... Christy is pointing at the MI6 Building, which was shown in the latest 007 movie, Skyfall.

    ReplyDelete