Feb 16, 2013

Miscellaneous land

It's all random stuff today because I leave in TWO DAYS! Welcome to my brain as I work through the chaos.

I'm not a fan of a certain store starting with "w" but I was very excited to find a last minute duffle bag  at "w" for $7. You know, to pack those emergency souvenirs.

I received all my phone/camera goodies: case is cute, strap fits and matches, but...the interchangeable lenses don't fit with the case on (and the case has a pretty sizable lense opening). So I will be making the most of the iPhone camera as is.

Yesterday an ATM machine ate my Visa card. That's right. 3 days before leaving. And when the owner of vicious ATM machine said they wouldn't be able to pry the card from the ATM claws until Tuesday--I leave Monday by the way--I almost took a hatchet to the thing myself. Fortunately, after expressing my panicked concern, I should be able to pick up my card today. This is supposed to be fun right.

Did I mention I leave in 2 days. You would think after 46 days without a job I would be meticulously organized and have at least basic phrases memorized for each country I'm planning to visit. Not the case. Instead I've become a Tinkerbell expert. Did you know fairies are born when a baby first laughs and that Tinkerbell has a sister?

Just heard a little knock at my door and a voice saying "licola licola". Sounds like I'm about to get another dose of fairy dust. Not such a bad way to spend my last Saturday morning in the states.

3 comments:

  1. Agh! It ate your card? I'll hyperventilate for you...you go watch Tinkerbell! ;)

    (I'm booking flights and hotels this morning, but it's not nearly as 'fun' as yours...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you going here are you going?! Did I mention how fun it was to see you this week? I sure am glad you were my first roomie in college and that the fun still continues all these years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oregon for spring break. Culling through airbnb listing for a place to stay!

      I'm so glad you came up. I can't wait to have lunch when you get back home!

      Delete