Apr 12, 2013

Lake Como in Bloom

Today I caught a ride with my B&B hostess and 2 of her friends as they were on their way to a B&B convention. They spoke primarily in Italian and my hostess would give me updates on each new topic in English. They chatted primarily about flowers. I heard tuber, magnolia, rossa, bianca. At one point they all laughed heartily and then Annamaria explained. When her girlfriend--in the backseat--goes to the market, her husband reminds her, "we are going to the market for groceries not for flowers" to which Annamaria shared "my husband says the same thing to me!"

So this post is dedicated to all the flower lovers out there and those that support them.

A hedge of yellow Blooms on the hike up to my B&B in Mandello del Lario.


No flowers yet, but I think that will be wisteria when it blooms. Who wouldn't want to work on their jump shot?


Villa decorated with flowers Mandello del Lario.


A gigantic magnolia tree and a rhododendron at Villa Carlotta.


Oranges, camellias and snapdragons (I think) at Villa Carlotta. Bellagio is to the left across the lake and to the right is Villa Melzi.


Magnolia close up in Varenna.


Looking at the Pansies makes my missoltini a bit more palatable.


Flowers cascade out of drainage holes along the walkway by the water in Varenna, I promise.


 More camellias during a walk along the lake in Como.


Window boxes in Bellagio.

1 comment:

  1. That last shot is gorg. And you're looking less bundled. Yay!

    ReplyDelete