Apr 19, 2013

Positively Perfect in Portovenere

First of all I got to take a boat. But not one of these.


And the port is charming.



Sitting at a boardwalk cafe you are just 20 yards from the water.


My airbnb.com host recommended I visit. He likes Portovenere better than Cinque Terre and within 30 minutes I completely agree.

Church of San Petro




Shopping in windy little streets.

My new favorite shop for a tasty apple and piece of bread to go with


Pesto from this shop (the one on the left with the tray of basil in the window). One taste and it was all over. I've never had pesto his good. Really! (I'm beginning to wonder if all of the flavors are just enhanced by the scenery or if everything really is that much better)


It's official: Portovenere is on my "I will return here someday" list.


3 comments:

  1. Well when you return, can I come with? That picture of the church with the sea through the archways, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad that you ended up going! I remembered it being kind of hard to get there, but I was also a missionary and I have a weird memory of things. Glad you liked it, because it really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved loved loved it. As soon as I saw the church I wondered if this was the place you were talking about, but couldn't remember the name.

      Delete