Apr 25, 2013

Looking for Mr Darcy in Lyme Park

I looked
And looked
And Looked
He was not in the pond
He was not in the lake, those white haired volunteers didn't fool me
He was not on yonder side of the wall
So I did the next best thing. I went to Rams Head, a pub in the neighboring village of Disley. There I had the most amazing Lamb-burger with yogurt mint sauce and a rich treacle tart with lemon curd while cozied up in my own little alcove just big enough for 2. He really did miss out.
Maybe Mr Darcy was hiding in the house. It was closed to the public today, but I'm now a card carrying member of the National Trust, which means I've paid for the right to stalk him, I mean visit as many national trust locations in England as I can, for one whole year.

4 comments:

  1. If you ever find him give him a big fat kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am in the movie. Gorgeous! Linda would be so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm. My favorite day of yours yet! While P&P isn't my favorite Austen, I do (heart) Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come back and join you, please! Man, I'm a little weepy at these pictures! Love it!

    ReplyDelete