Mar 9, 2013

A Ferbusle

Sorry you don't get to hear about Copenhagen quite yet. This is a special post for the boys, I'm thinking specifically about my 5 nephews.

In the past 3 weeks I've been on 3 airplanes, 3 buses and 9 trains not counting the metros. One nephew thought it was the coolest thing when he heard we were taking the chunnel, the train under the English Channel to France.

Now let me tell you about, something I call, the Ferbusle. A Ferbusle is a ferry with a bus inside with people inside (you know, like a turducken). My bus from Bergen to Stavanger took 2 ferry rides. On one we stayed in the bus, on the other we exited and went to the top deck of the ferry. These boats are huge. I counted 13 big rigs and 3 buses getting off one of these ferries.

Now let me tell you about the Fertrainy. When your train, yes I said "your TRAIN" goes on a ferry. I don't know why I didn't question this earlier. I mean really there is no land mass connecting Denmark to Germany the direction we went. I just saw the timetable in my train book and planned it.

So for all the little boys (and big boys too) here are some pics of the Ferbusle and Fertrainy.


Ferbusle
Their are a couple big rigs behind that one you see clearly on the right.

That's my bus on a ferry on the ocean.



Fertrainy
The rigging as we approach the ferry

That white wall with the letters AND on the side, that's the ferry. I'm taking the picture from inside the train as the train boards the boat.

The view from my train window once we are inside the ferry. Notice it says deck 3.

My view as I exit the train to go up on deck. Train is on the left with the big red stripe.




Watching the big rig go by as we exit the ferry.


My little train all covered in snow after arriving in Hamburg Germany.

2 comments: