Mar 18, 2013

Vienna A to Z

A A+++ to the accordian player performing "Flight of the Bumblebee"
B Breugel's "hunters in the snow". Just as my art history teacher said: beautiful in person
C Carmen Opera performed in German. See "P" for more detail

D Dogs with leashes and muzzle cages only allowed on trains

E Edelwiess. Everyone sing now
F Fairly frost bitten fingers
G Gasse, translation "an alley". That's why every street name ends in "Gasse"
H Hofburg family tree. 5 gold stars to the first person that can explain it
I Insert break here. We never did
J Jam session during mass at Stephansdom Kirche


K Kunsthistoriches museum the trifecta: warmth, wc, gift shop. And the art of course
L Lippizaner stallions

M Mozart
N Next stop: Bratislava Slovakia
O Ordering in German or Spanish, whichever comes to Katie's mind first
P Peanut butter Captain. Sure they sang that during the opera, Katie, sure
Q Quest for Döner Sandwich. Success!

R Ring (a cameo added to my souvenirs)

S Schönnbrun Palace the Versailles of Austria

T Ten million euros. The cost to restore the royal bed in the Schönnbrun Palace
U Ungargasse. Our street
V Verstanden? Nope we didn't understand much at the opera
W Walking lots of walking

X marks the spot. The room where Mozart performed at age 6 in the Schönnbrun Palace
Y Yodel, you know you want to, we did
Z zzzzzzzzz what I need after walking everywhere in Vienna







5 comments:

  1. Love the A to Z and so very jealous. By the way, w just booked a houseboat/watervilla on a canale outside Amsterdam for that leg of the trip and also booked our night in Schonnburg Castle. I'll send you the details. So very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are making me jealous! I love you both and so wish I were joining you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were joining us also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm way behind-- but I love reading about your adventures, and the A-Z style on this post!

    ReplyDelete