Mar 7, 2013

Gothenburg Sweden



Good morning Gothenburg! This sight warms the heart on a cold morning in Sweden: cinnamon rolls the size of frisbees. And the inside..........




Full of goodies like this.............



We shared a Kolasnitt, crispy chewy caramely cookie drizzled with chocolate. Inviting chairs beckoning with cozy blankets and pillows line the streets of this city with loads of tempting treats to choose from.




And the signs of spring, or hopes for spring, are displayed everywhere.




Walking down Vasa.





Saluhallen is a beautiful food hall full of gourmet stalls. I could have wandered these aisles for hours.



This bakery had a variety of breads including a soft multigrain with dried apricots. Another sample please!







On Thursdays in Sweden it is tradition to eat pea soup and pancakes with whipped cream and jam. So of course we had these, the closest thing they have to American donuts. Move over rainbow sprinkles these are the best cake donuts I've ever had. I enjoyed them and the entire day with my wonderful hosts Rich and Sissela and their adorable family.









5 comments:

  1. Oh what fun you seen to be having. Hope you don't mind my looking. Tawnya's Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom's so cute!

      Seriously. How are you not dying over all this luscious food?!

      Delete
    2. Of course you can take a look. I'm happy to share with anyone interested. And yes tawnya, your mom is so cute :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so worried about how much weight I'm going to gain when I'm there and enjoying all the delicious goodies...but I'm not worried enough to not enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's the best diet plan ever. Walk everywhere, spurge on a goody every once in a while. It's awesome. But it's taking its toll on my shoes.

      Delete