Mar 3, 2013

Church

The goal for today...find church.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, more commonly known as the Mormons. And this denomination has congregations all over the world. So during these adventures of mine I plan to go to church wherever it is.

Today I could tell the closest meetinghouse was 4 miles away. Which is not far if you have a car or can figure out the public transportation. But for the life of me I could not figure out if there was a light rail or bus or anything getting me out there. I tried 5 different map apps and numerous searches on line...nothing. So I walked. Past this.



And this



And this



Notice anything. The map route had me following a light rail. So why the heck could none of them calculate a public transportation route. "No routes found" whatever!

It took me an hour and 20 minutes. My hair was horrid (more on the reason for that later) but I was so thrilled to see this. I went in and threw my dress on, hung my gazillion layers on the coat rack, sat in the chapel and have never felt more at home in a room full of people speaking a different language.



Because I made it to church today I'm probably not going to Stockholm tomorrow...I will keep you posted.

Also while at church I made a new friend. He was my tour guide for the afternoon:

Here was the view during linner. I don't know that i will ever tire of this scenery.



And here was something served with dinner. My new "Norwegian" friend had never seen it either. I will try just about anything once, but this was almost too much for me to even look at. Yes, I tried it and I didn't like it: boiled fish eggs. The venison and cod were delicious!



Last but not least this is the view from Floyen or the top of the Floybanen tram. Stunning.





And yessiree I'm still alive.




















3 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a very "productive" day. Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are finally trying my adventure "dare"! Can't wait to see who you meet in your next country! Yea Nicola!!!!!

    ReplyDelete