Mar 14, 2013

Bittersweetness in Dresden


Last night I didn't know how good I had it in my "splurge" hotel until I took a stroll around the block after breakfast. What?! I was sleeping right next to this amazing-ness.


I circled back to Frauenkirche to find you can hike to he top of the dome for 8€. Excellent morning excercize.


The view on the way up...


I love the decorator here, pink in abundance.


This church was destroyed in WWII but was recently rebuilt. I imagine the stairs before we're not so easy to navigate.


And the view....the best 8€ I've spent. My hotel room is down on the lower right.


The bitter part is that I am leaving Dresden and this car.


Now for more of the sweet. You know the Storybookland ride at Disneyland where you can take a boat ride or the train to ooh and awe at the the miniature Cinderella's castle or the Three Little Pigs cottages, and the line is always super long or it's closed when you want to go. Well I got to go today! On the train from Dresden to Prague! It follows the Elbe river. I along with several other grown adult passengers were pointing and saying ooh look at as we all stood at the windows. We had seats that we paid for. I tried to get some pictures but gave up because I now have too many pictures featuring electrical posts.


Can you see the bridge connecting the two cliffs?



Proof I'm in the Czech Republic. I chatted with a Czech gentleman on the train for a bit who has seen a lot of years. I asked him what has changed in is lifetime in Prague. He said everything used to be grey. There is more color now.


I'm looking forward to discovering the different colors in Prague and the sweetest part...I'm traveling with my friend Katie for this leg of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment